Board of Directors
Mission / Value Statement
The Grand River Agricultural Society (GRAS) is a not-for-profit society, incorporated under the Agricultural and Horticultural Societies Act of Ontario and governed by a volunteer board of directors reporting to OMAFRA.
The GRAS mandate is to encourage awareness of agriculture and to promote improvements in the quality of life of persons living in an agricultural community by:
Researching the needs of an agricultural community
- Developing programs to meet those needs
- Holding agricultural exhibitions
- Promoting the conservation of natural resources
- Encouraging the beautification of the agricultural community
- Supporting and providing facilities to encourage activities intended to enrich rural life
- Conducting and promoting horse races at Grand River Raceway
To provide opportunities for people to be involved in the life of their community through agricultural and/or environmental initiatives
Everyone has an appreciation of agriculture.