The Grand River Agricultural Society is hosting a virtual Earth Day Contest that is open to Elementary students at three different levels; Primary (Grade 1-2), Junior (Grade 3-5), Intermediate (Grade 6-8). Open to ONTARIO residents only.
#1-#3 Open to elementary students; three levels: Primary – Grades 1-2; Junior – Grades 3-5; Intermediate – Grades 6-8. #4 Open to all Elementary Classes, grades 1-8.
- Create an art project using recycled materials. (Submit photo/video of student with their project.)
- Make a poster celebrating Earth Day using the “Invest in Our Planet” theme. (Submit photo/video of student with their project.)
- Write an Earth Day poem. (Submit typed/written poem.)
- Class Entry (Open to all Elementary school grades): Create a mural using the theme “Invest In Our Planet”. (Submit photo/video of mural, include class in the video/picture.)
- Waste-free lunches
- Prevent pollution
- Alternative energy (such as wind, solar or a new invention!)
- Clean water
- Clean air
- Reuse, reduce, recycle
- Compost food waste